Saturday, September 22, 2012

Would it be true that I'm thinking like a "man"?

Last thursday, I went to work on a promotional screening with my co-worker/friend and her friend and while we were talking about relationships and giving our different opinions about "girls feelings" when we meet or start dating a guy, he said something interesting about me and it was that "I'm thinking like a man".

And all this questions started to pop up on my head:  Would that be the reason why,  I've never been on a serious relationship with someone?  Would that be also the reason why I had never fallen in love or that I never had a boyfriend or been commited towards someone?? Would that be the reason also, that when someone is getting to close, I freak out and break it off?

I, to be honest I've always been very independent, done everything for myself, come and go without giving explanation to no one and have my own routine, so when I start dating a guy, is difficult for me to open up, let my guard down and let him be part of MY ROUTINE or LIFE to be less selfish.

I'm not the needy girl, I don't get attached completely and if the guy doesn't want me anymore, I don't beg, because I love me to much and I have lots of pride. Also, I'm not the girl who calls almost everyday(it's very rare for me to call), I don't text everyday, hell I could go days without texting and when I have the itch to text, I analyze the whole process "should I or shouldn't I" "Should I wait for him to do it" and then at the end I decide "No he should do it, why should I".  Even to invite him out I analyze it, because I don't want to look vulnerable or put my guard down, because, why if I do it and at the end I get hurt., I did it once, put my guard down just a notch and I got hurt, so why should I do it again..

I started to date someone three months ago, he is handsome, a gentleman, sweet, nice, adventorous guy, who also likes sports, great kisser and I do like him, but I don't feel the excitement that some of my friends have when they meet a guy and think they just found the love of their life.

Is that normal? Am I cold hearted? I mean, like I said I do like him, but I don't know what I really want.   Do I really want a relationship with him? I think that may be the reason why I haven't pop up the question of where our fling (if I can call it some way) is going somewhere,  because none of us had said something as this being "exclusive". 

We do hold hands, kiss, gone out many times and he also mentioned on one of the dates that he liked me a lot and would like for things to go slow for us to know each other better,  and see were this could lead us, because he doesn't want to make the same mistakes from his past relationships with me and it sort of works for me., but, will he be worth the wait? And also, Will he be preseverance and patient enough (if he really do like me) for me to fall in love with him? Or what he said about taking things slow to know each other is just bullshit.

All my friends say to go with the flow and let time decide what will become of us, so that's what I'm doing, I just don't know if I have the patience to stick to it. 

So, is it true? Would my co-worker friend be right? Do I think or feel like a man?  

I dont' know, it seems time will tell, how this "love story" will end, IF it became a "love story".

I like this song by Ednita Nazario called "Alérgica al Amor" in english is "Allergic to Love", because for some reason, I feel connected to it.  I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7shzChLEY6o

Allie,





  







No comments: